Purchasing and Production Coordinator
Ripple Junction is looking to add a full time Purchasing and Production Coordinator to our band of quirks. The right person will be able to coordinate all vendor pre-production and production steps to produce finished products that fulfill customer orders in the most cost-effective manner while meeting deadlines.
A Day in the Life
- Convert Customer Sales Order into Purchase Orders for Blank Shirt Suppliers, Printer Suppliers and Accessory Suppliers (when applicable) and coordinate timeline to meet customer deadlines.
- Track order progress and troubleshoot any issues that may create a variance. Ensure all relevant project information is properly documented and closed out so that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Ensure pre-production items are completed, including verifying license requirements, requesting pad print art updates from the Art department and ensuring order requirements are properly entered into the system.
- Receive drop shipped inventory through A2000; match quantities received with quantities invoiced.
- Review and verify with screen printers and blank providers that all goods, including overruns will be delivered to customers on time.
- Follow up on open purchase order quantities and ensure all orders are properly closed out in the system.
- Collect job completion forms from printers; follow up on damaged or missing blanks and ensure damaged items are returned to vendors.
- Check weekly pricing updates from printers and blank vendors to determine the best option for where to place orders.
- Coordinate supplier orders for customer specific tags and box labels as requested by customer.
- Write purchase orders to vendors ensuring accurate pricing and style numbers.
- Customer/ Sales Interaction
- Review customer routing guides, records and notes; stay abreast of customer requirements including blanks, shipping notification times, packaging, labeling, and routing instructions.
- Maintain customer purchase order files by ensuring that all documentation is filed in a timely manner and easily accessible
- Maintain and update data and information utilized by the purchasing department to effectively manage projects to plan.
- Provide pick tickets to printers with customer shipping and packaging details at the time purchase order is issued.
- Obtain Return Authorizations and provide required documentation for any goods needing to be returned.
*Note that all are essential duties
- 2+ year’s prior experience in purchasing or customer order management.
- Previous experience working within ERP WMS operating systems.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office products Excel and Microsoft Outlook 365.
Nice to Haves
- College degree
- Apparel or wholesale distribution experience
- Ability to interpret and deliver on instructions furnished in written or verbal form
- Strong reasoning ability to deal with problems that are multi-faceted
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure
- Strong communication skills and ability to speak with poise and confidence
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization in a professional manner
- Self-starter with ability to function independently as well as in a team-based environment.
- Process-oriented with a proactive approach to problem solving
Why Ripple Junction?
At Ripple Junction our vision is to consistently bring joy to pop culture fans—and that joy starts in our employees. We offer a competitive benefit program, growth and development,
discounted merchandise and more. Ripple believes in the value of each employee and it is reflected in our one of a kind environment. Product or potluck—we work, grow and succeed together.
About Ripple Junction
Creating since 1992, Ripple Junction began as two guys with a van full of shirts at a Grateful Dead show. Today, we’re a leading designer and developer of licensed merchandise for globally recognized brands. For over 20 years we have been driven by passion and purpose. Ripple Junction is one of the most successful purveyors of licensed apparel and merchandise in the United States. We create a wide-range of top-quality products that appeal to the fans of our extensive roster of licensed properties, while generating strong sales for our numerous retail partners.
We believe in quality, creative products and a commitment to celebrating film, television, rock & roll, anime, science fiction, video games, and everything pop culture. Ripple Junction’s team of imaginative pop culture fanatics create the planet’s most awesome t-shirts and officially licensed products. We are armed with a passion for all things movies, television, anime, music, video games, and pop culture. And we’re fans first. “Make rad” was the idea that Ripple Junction was born out of - now it’s our life’s work.
Job Type: Full-time, Non Exempt
Seniority Level: Mid-Tier
Please click HERE to apply for this opportunity